The British people have a clear choice between two visions for the future and a chance to choose hope over fear.
The Tories’ plan is failing Britain.
days, and runs through each of Labour’s election pledges.
Labour’s pledges are:
1. A STRONG ECONOMIC FOUNDATION: Balance the books and cut the deficit every year while securing the future of the NHS. None of our manifesto commitments require additional borrowing.
2. HIGHER LIVING STANDARDS FOR WORKING FAMILIES: Freeze energy bills until 2017 and give the regulator the power to cut bills this winter, ban exploitative zero-hours contracts, raise the minimum wage to £8 and provide 25 hours free childcare a week.
3. AN NHS WITH THE TIME TO CARE: 20,000 more nurses and 8,000 more GPs. We will join up services from home to hospital, guaranteeing GP appointments within 48 hours and cancer tests within one week.
4. CONTROLS ON IMMIGRATION: People who come here won’t be able to claim benefits for at least two years and we will introduce fair rules making it illegal for employers to undercut wages by exploiting workers.
5. A COUNTRY WHERE THE NEXT GENERATION CAN DO BETTER THAN THE LAST: Tuition fees reduced to £6,000, an apprenticeship for every school leaver who gets the basic grades and who wants an apprenticeship, and smaller class sizes for five, six and seven year-olds.
Labour has set out a better plan for Britain's future. It is a plan that works for working families, rewarding the hard work you do and saving the NHS you rely on.
The Tories can't build a better future for working people because they stand up only for a privileged few.
You can't trust Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrats. They broke their promises and have been too weak to stand up to the Tories.
UKIP can't stand for working people: they're more Tory than the Tories, a party made up of Tory people, promoting Tory policies, bankrolled by Tory donors.
There is a clear choice in this election and only Labour has a plan for a better future for working people and for pensioners that will improve living standards and save our NHS.